Krill and Avocado Sushi Rolls
- 1/2 lb of krill meat, drained
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 cups sushi rice
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 sheets of nori seaweed
- soy sauce and wasabi, for dipping
- Rinse the sushi rice in cold water until the water runs clear. Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- In a small saucepan, combine the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt. Cook over low heat until the sugar and salt have dissolved.
- Once the rice is cooked, transfer it to a large mixing bowl. Slowly pour the vinegar mixture over the rice, stirring gently with a spoon or spatula.
- Allow the rice to cool to room temperature.
- Slice the avocados lengthwise, remove the pit and peel the skin. Cut the avocado into thin slices.
- Lay a sheet of nori on a bamboo sushi mat, shiny side down. Spread a thin layer of sushi rice over the nori, leaving about 1/2 inch of space at the top.
- Place a line of krill meat and avocado slices across the center of the rice.
- Roll the sushi mat to create a tight roll. Use a wet knife to cut the roll into slices.
- Serve with soy sauce and wasabi, if desired.
Enjoy your homemade delicious and healthy sushi rolls!
Note: you can add any other ingredients you like, like cucumber, carrots, etc.